Who Are You Going With?

Are you going on your own?!? - yeah. 


That's probably the question I get asked the most, other than where are you going this time! And yes, of course. Now I'm not going to say that it's not scary going to a new country, possibly new language, landscape etc. But doesn't the saying go, when you're uncomfortable or nervous or scared going into something you have the greatest growth? Well, I will say I have. 


I will always encourage people to solo travel, why? It a great place for you to grow, to meet some amazing people and do whatever the f*ck you want, when you want. And there's something so liberating about doing that and conquering your fear of the unknown. As an American, I am especially grateful to travel outside the American bubble into the REAL world of culture, manners, fun and such delight. 


It's really such a crazy thought to think that men would actually just want to hang out with you, they like your vibe, like you have a human being- regardless of your sex. And I will give it to every other nation, when it comes to going to a new country they have, me at least, beaten in the manners - they are willing and able to learn a new language just because they're visiting that country. Don't get me wrong, I know there are more people who do that and more than Americans who don't, but it's really amazing to see that almost every other country knows more than one or two languages of the jump. I find that very impressive and heartening. 


Never mind language- people are genuinely friendly as well. Once you travel, especially solo travel, you'll see that people are super friendly and open to meeting new people. Putting yourself in that forces you to be comfortable with the uncomfortable and there's no awkwardness at all - well, maybe initially, but never something you can't laugh off or you'll not remember when you're meeting new found forever friendships. It's even better when you find there are so much better things out in the world, out of your world. 


I promise, the people you meet are people that are actually impressed when you're on your own, and I'm not saying that as a female you're looking for a male counterpart and vice versa, but it's a respect you gain not only to yourself but to others as well and it does feel nice. 


And that's how I am able to let people in, grow within. You really do have free will - it's your time and your money. 


.... and you never know who will be in your life forever, nor the memories you'll create <3





Comments

Popular Posts